Such a classic! Here's the recipe to my plant based, easy peasy mac & cheese recipe. Save for later when you need an easy and quick dinner recipe. 😋
- 3 cups gluten free noodles
- 1 medium yellow potato, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pink salt & black pepper to taste
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and add the noodles. Follow the directions on the package to cook.
2. Bring another pot of water to a boil and add the diced potato, carrots, and garlic. Turn to medium heat and boil until tender (about 10 minutes).
3. In a blender add the cashews, nutritional yeast, water, spices such as turmeric, garlic powder, pink salt & black pepper.
4. Once the veggies are cooked till tender, strain and add them to the blender, blend until completely combined and looking like a thick cheese sauce (add more water as needed) and adding more pink salt & black pepper to taste.
5. Strain the noodles and add back into the pot and pour on plant based cheese sauce and combine.
6. Turn stove back on to low to heat back up to desired temperature.